Data Analytics for Business Professionals
Make better business decisions with data-driven insights.Request More Information
The Data Analytics for Business Professionals certificate is designed to improve your evidence-based decision-making skills. Learn to surmount challenges with facts and data. In each class, you will analyze real-world datasets and use practical tools to solve the problems they present. In the process, you will acquire superior technical communication skills that will enable you to manage analytics teams and translate analysis into objectives. During weekly video conferences, you will collaborate with industry mentors and classmates in a dynamic, interactive learning environment.
Designed for business professionals ready to use data analysis to improve the way they do business and accelerate their careers.
What Do Data Analytics Students Learn?
- How to construct a project plan
- The fundamentals of statistical software and data maintenance
- The essentials of analytical management that drive project success
- How to turn challenges into data science solutions and build executable business plans
- The technical communication skills necessary to manage analytics teams and translate analysis into business objectives
Remote Course Structure
Our curriculum contains three required courses sequenced along the CRISP-DM methodology. Courses follow the same dataset, using one case from start to finish. This structure provides students with a repeatable, actionable toolkit to transform business challenges into data science solutions and build executable business plans.
- Each course takes six weeks to complete and follows similar modular weekly organization
- All remote courses start on a Monday with a full week of self-study activities in Canvas, our learning management system
- Weekly, self-paced learning and materials are time-sensitive
- Weekly, self-paced learning in Canvas leads to one synchronous session per week
- Synchronous sessions are conducted through Zoom
- Attendance to synchronous sessions is mandatory
“A big strength of the Data Analytics certificate is how interactive and practical the courses are. The weekly session brings everyone together, and the final team project gives students the opportunity to become confident with the tools they've learned while engaging in the sort of experience that scales very well to real-world job situations.”