Building and Managing Resilient Teams
Learn to assemble a high-performing team and set it up for success under any conditionsRegister
At a Glance
- Professional Education
- Open Enrollment
- 4 weeks Open Enrollment
Acquire the leadership skills you need to steer a team at every stage of its life cycle.
Our four-week Building and Managing Resilient Teams course covers all angles of managing a resilient team, from formation to dissolution or expansion. Participants will learn the success factors for every stage and aspect of team performance and how to help a team achieves its goals even when operating under extreme conditions.
Designed for professionals interested in building a successful career in a rapidly changing environment, as well as for those interested in increasing their leadership and organizational skills focusing on team building and management.
Good leaders not only guide employees but empower them to overcome adversity and rise to new challenges—and today’s organizations face no shortage of new challenges. The current environment of volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity (VUCA) requires flexible organizations and professionals. This course will teach you how to create an adaptable team to solve a range of issues, no matter how novel they may be.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the key qualities of a resilient team and understand team fundamentals
- Outline the steps necessary to assemble, lead, and manage teams under volatile conditions
- Apply strategies to manage, motivate, and effectively resolve conflicts among team members diverse in culture, geography, and skills or operating in different modalities (in-person, virtual, or hybrid)
- Define the signs of and avenues to leading the stages of a team’s evolution: promoting members, growing the team, and disbanding it
Do you want to learn more about managing in-person, virtual, and hybrid teams?
Reach out to our admissions team to find out how this course will help you stay ahead of the curve.Register for Building and Managing Resilient Teams
Live Digital Learning
- Four weeks in length
- Live Digital learning in an enriching, interactive space
- At least two weekly sessions to learn from and interact directly with the instructor
- Lead team evolution and cultivate resilience
- Organize team structure and membership, as well as building team culture
- Build the framework for performance measurement and management
- Foster effective decision-making
- Be awarded a certificate of completion from the University of Chicago and become part of the UChicago network