Educating the Next Generation of Health Informatics Professionals
Overcoming the divide between technology and healthcare.
Based on the work of Samuel Volchenboum, MD, PhD, MS. Written by Philip Baker. 4-minute read
- Health, Wellness, and Work
- Science in Practice
- Technology and Innovation
- Over the last twenty years, the field of health informatics has successfully implemented new technologies to improve patient care.
- With electronic health records and other patient-tracking technologies in place, health informaticians now face new opportunities and challenges.
- Successfully navigating this new landscape requires both quantitative skills and an understanding of the healthcare system.
Recent advances in healthcare technology give health informatics practitioners now entering the field a unique set of challenges—and unprecedented opportunity.