Medical Writing and Editing
A Competitive Advantage You Can Take to Work
Courses in the Medical Writing and Editing certificate program are precisely calibrated to set up your success as a medical communicator.
Medical writing students will learn to:
- Understand the profession of medical/technical writing and its unique characteristics
- Use the AMA Manual of Style as a writing and editing tool
- Understand the context of medical communication and the role of a proofreader or copy editor
- Organize and present scientific information to different audiences
Medical Writing Certificate Program Structure
- Five core courses and one elective course
- Complete the certificate in as little as three quarters
- Class sizes of ten to twenty students per course
- An online course guide is offered as an overview of the Medical Writing and Editing profession and community hub for students to connect and share resources throughout their time in the program
Online medical writing course format
- Five to six weeks in length. Specialization track course in Freelancing is eight-weeks in length
- All remote courses start on a Monday with a full week of self-study activities in Canvas, our learning management system
- Weekly, self-paced learning and materials are time-sensitive and must be completed within required timeframes
- Weekly, self-paced learning in Canvas leads to one synchronous session per week
- When registering for a course, "Online self-paced" refers to the course's beginning and end dates, "Online fixed dates" refer to synchronous sessions
- Synchronous sessions are conducted through Zoom
- Attendance to synchronous sessions is mandatory
Core Courses (Choose 5):
Elective Courses (Choose 1):
Specialization Track in Freelancing
We offer an eight-week specialized track course designed for those interested in starting and building a successful career as freelance medical writers and editors.
The Medical Writing Market is Strong. Make Sure Your Skills Are, Too.
Our fast, flexible online Medical Writing certificate will give you the in-demand skills and insight you need to enter or advance in this growing industry.