Project Management Strategy
Develop your understanding of the strategic, leadership, human resources, and operational aspects of project management.Request more information
At a Glance
- Five months Part-time
$1,400 per course$4,240 three courses$5,600 four courses
The Project Management Strategy certificate program gives you the foundational knowledge you need to conquer any project. Project Management Strategy Certificate participants must complete the Essentials of Project Management Certificate courses in conjunction with two additional core classes and an elective.
This program introduces the concepts of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®-sponsored PMBOK® Guide* while helping you maneuver the issues integral to achieving success. Professionals will earn sixteen PMI® PDUs for the completion of each class.
Designed for professionals who have completed the Essentials of Project Management certificate or who have real-world experience working on or leading a project team.
Professional Impact of a Project Management Strategy Certificate
Anyone who has participated on a project team knows that successful project delivery is more art than science; many things have to come together to meet project objectives on time and on-budget. This series of practical courses prepare you to embrace these challenges head-on by addressing real organizational needs, giving you knowledge that will enhance your ability to grow and contribute to any organization.
You Will Learn
- To inhabit the leadership role inherent in successful project management
- To manage the expectations of the project stakeholder
- To manage risk at both project and organizational levels
- To successfully link project planning with corporate strategy
- To manage portfolios while juggling priorities, clients, and budgets
- To recognize and implement recovery techniques when necessary
Who Should Apply for a Project Management Certificate?
Participants should have at least one to three years of experience leading project teams or be a certified Project Management Professional (PMP®)* with at least two years of project management experience. Participants include:
- Students who have already completed our Essentials of Project Management program or equivalent coursework
- Professionals who have not completed Essentials of PM but have at least five years of experience leading project teams
- Participants who are certified Project Management Professional (PMP®) with at least two years project management experience
- Experienced project managers and project coordinators responsible for project design and implementation
- Project managers responsible for process-centric projects
- Program managers who are responsible for multiple projects
- IT managers, supervisors, or project leaders responsible for business analysis and project implementation
- Business managers/supervisors, project sponsors, and other managers responsible for project success
Authorized Training Partner Program
We are happy to announce that both of the University of Chicago's Project Management certificates have been approved as an Authorized Training Partner Program (ATP) by the Project Management Institute (PMI). The ATP program is replacing the former Registered Education Provider program.
To earn the PMI Authorized Training Partner designation, a provider must meet rigorous standards for quality and effectiveness. This program is designed to help individuals identify high-quality training and courses in project management.
ATP ensures that participants are trained:
- By a reputable organization
- With high-quality PMI-developed course content
- By PMI approved and vetted instructors
- Certificate in Essentials of Project Management
- Project Management Strategy
Resources for Current Students and Alumni
We provide various services to students including webinars, networking events, and an alumni scholarship program. Current students and alumni are encouraged to learn more about the Student Advisory Board.
"I was amazed at the program's ability to cater to a breadth of project management professionals. The instructors find ways to challenge everyone—and I learned just as much from my classmates, fellow project managers from unique industries and backgrounds. I was promoted to Manager of Project Management at my firm only a few months after receiving my certificate."
*PMI, PMP, and the PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Business and Management
Today’s dynamic work environment requires leaders who can consistently innovate, make data-driven decisions, and inspire others to perform. Whether you’re in policy, marketing or management, learn ways to spark change wherever you go.Learn more about Business and Management