Decision-Making and Risk Management
Make strategic and operational decisions in a complex environment.Enroll
Obtain the necessary skills to navigate the risks facing your organization in today’s high-stakes business environment.
The University of Chicago’s eight-week, online Decision-Making and Risk Management certificate program focuses on how to ensure a better, more logical approach to decision-making. This management tool is key to securing and driving business outcomes and essential to understanding the role of risk management in decision-making.
Designed for risk analysts, compliance analysts, financial analysts, regulatory examiners, and managers who wish to learn the importance of making strategic decisions with risk in mind.
This course focuses on the fundamental concepts, definitions, principles, and practices in risk management from the perspectives of the corporation, the market, and the regulator. It is taught based on Harvard Business Review (HBR) cases and articles on financial risk management.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Analyze problems using decision-making criteria and theories
- Model different types of risk and decisions to forecast potential outcomes
- Understand the principles of risk management and apply risk-management techniques and technologies
- Utilize the characteristics of uncertainty to make educated decisions
Incorporate Risk Management into Your Organization’s Decision-Making Process
Understand risk analysis, monitoring tools, and the different types of risks to improve the overall decision-making process.Learn More
- Eight weeks in length
- Weekly, self-paced interactive learning modules and assignments are time-sensitive and should be completed by the set deadlines
- Synchronous sessions and live question and answer sessions
- Mentors will provide continuous support and encourage a dynamic and positive learning environment
You Will Learn to:
- Design strategies involving portfolio management, budgeting, and structure
- Explore regulatory requirements, processes, and compliance
- Introduce risk governance and management into organizational culture
- Learn about concepts and identify tools for decision-making within risk management, including derivative structures and risk analysis models
- Understand different types of risks and use financial and statistical tools for risk analysis
Meet Your Instructor
Every organization strives to practice innovative risk management strategies to maximize their return on investment and minimize losses. As data security breaches surge and government regulations grow more stringent, risk management becomes even more necessary. The global risk management market was valued at USD 7.39 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach 28.87 billion by 2027, growing at a rate of 18.7% between 2020 and 2027.
Potential Risk Management Job Titles
- Chief Risk Officer
- Compliance Consultant
- Compliance Officer
- Environmental Compliance Specialist
- Loss Control Consultant
- Model Risk Specialist
- Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Risk Analyst
- Risk Compliance Investigator
- Risk Manager
Business and Management
Today’s dynamic work environment requires leaders who can consistently innovate, make data-driven decisions, and inspire others to perform. Whether you’re in policy, marketing or management, learn ways to spark change wherever you go.Learn more about Business and Management