Data-Driven Financial Analysis
Perform advanced financial analysis with algorithms and statistical techniques.Enroll
At a Glance
- Professional Education
- Open Enrollment
- Eight weeks Open Enrollment
Use data-driven analysis to identify relevant financial trends.
The University of Chicago’s eight-week Data-Driven Financial Analysis course will teach you to collect, organize, and use data to perform advanced financial analysis with algorithms and statistical techniques and tools.
Designed for financial professionals who want to develop a career in the present-day financial industry or in an organization’s finance department.
Organizations are constantly trying to streamline processes, cut costs, and drive profitability. Data has become a key driver in producing better financial analytics, providing leaders with the insights they need to make strategic decisions.
After completing the course you will be able to:
- Apply basic concepts of statistics to finance, including the random walk model
- Understand what Exploratory Data Analysis is and how to perform it with Python and Pandas
- Engineer new functions using existing data
Understand how to use data to perform advanced financial analysis with algorithms and statistical techniques and tools in order to make strategic financial decisions in your organization.
You will learn to:
- Review statistics and probability and apply basic concepts of statistics to finance
- Understand what linear regression is, when to use it, and how to apply linear regression metrics to a model
- Make models more rigorous by adding train/test split and cross-validation
- Backtest a model and understand why backtesting is important
- Use simulation to solve a portfolio allocation problem
- Converse at a high level about several advanced topics in financial machine learning
Remote Learning Course Structure
- Eight weeks in length
- Weekly, self-paced interactive learning modules and assignments are time-sensitive and should be completed by the set deadlines
- Synchronous sessions and live question and answer sessions
- Mentors will provide continuous support and encourage a dynamic and positive learning environment
Meet Your Instructor
Business and Management
Today’s dynamic work environment requires leaders who can consistently innovate, make data-driven decisions, and inspire others to perform. Whether you’re in policy, marketing or management, learn ways to spark change wherever you go.Learn more about Business and Management