Big Data in Marketing
Unlock the power of information, from customer acquisition to life-stage managementEnroll
At a Glance
- Open Enrollment
- Eight weeks
The University of Chicago’s eight-week, online Big Data in Marketing course will equip you with core conceptual frameworks and practical tools for managing, exploring, analyzing, and activating existing and emerging data streams.
In this eight-week course, you will learn to work with big data as an indispensable marketing tool for improving customer loyalty and engagement, optimizing performance, making pricing decisions, and more.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Deploy strategic alignment and actions to accelerate company strategy
- Leverage your knowledge of the marketing data ecosystem to amplify strategy and support use cases
- Identify and develop strategic inputs into a marketing data strategy and plan
This course is designed for junior, mid-level, and senior marketing professionals and anyone interested in enhancing their knowledge and aptitude with marketing data.
Learn How to Improve Customer Loyalty and Engagement
Reach out to our admissions team to find out how UChicago’s Big Data in Marketing course can help you stay ahead of the competition.Request more information
Online Learning Course Structure
- Identify and evaluate various types of marketing data, including emerging sources and attributes
- Align marketing data strategy to key business goals and develop KPIs to assess business impact
- Explain how marketing data can be utilized to address company-specific use cases and business objectives
- Evaluate data governance standards for consumer consent compliance and regulation
Examine data as the fuel for business transformation, learn about qualitative (descriptive) and quantitative (numeric) data classification, and define and explore marketing data.
Learn about marketing data strategy fundamentals; milestones, measurements, and KPIs; impacts and operations, processes, and change.
Examine the sources of marketing data—internal (e.g., CRM, loyalty cards, mobile, and websites) and external (e.g., aggregators, compliers, and marketplaces). Identify types of big data for marketers. Evaluate sources for alignment to strategy (building requirements).
Explore marketing data use cases. Learn about Proof of Concept (POC) and POC that meets key objectives (analytics, audience activation, and customer service improvements). Test and evaluate results.
Review key data regulations by industry and the framework of key laws such as the CCPA, CCPR, and GDPR. Consider what is next and why it is important.
Learn about managing consumer consent and permissioning, framing a standards and use agreement, establishing data agreements and terms, and managing customization and special requests.
Learn how to develop both business requirements for data management and future-state architecture. Explore scoping pricing models and costs.
Explore topics such as internal teams, partners and service providers, platforms (Customer Data Platform, Data Management Platform, and identity management), and channels (Facebook, Google, Yahoo, etc.).
Meet Your Instructor
Big data serves as the conduit through which marketers can establish closer proximity to consumers. By amassing and analyzing swathes of data, marketers are afforded a deeper look into customers’ patterns—knowledge that was previously out of reach. In the last few years, 90% of all the data that currently exists was created. The big data explosion has led to new approaches to marketing research and strategy. Diverse positions abound within this rapidly evolving field, especially in digital marketing, multichannel marketing, and e-commerce.
Potential Job Titles
- Big Data Engineer
- Big Data Marketing Manager
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Chief Marketing Officer
- CRO Specialist
- Customer Insights Analyst
- Digital Marketing Director
- Digital Marketing Engineer
- Growth Marketer
- Marketing Data Analyst
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Marketing Strategy Planner
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Manager
- SEO Specialist