Corporate Financial Strategy
Learn to raise and allocate capital for optimal financial management.Enroll
At a Glance
- Professional Education
- Open Enrollment
- 8 weeks Open Enrollment
Create successful blueprints that increase shareholder value by maximizing return on investment.
The University of Chicago’s eight-week Corporate Financial Strategy course will teach you to evaluate levels of risk and rates of return on corporate investments and resource allocations.
Designed for business executives who would like to acquire a basic understanding of accounting and corporate finance principles.
Organizations that thrive know that implementing a business strategy in isolation is not enough. Corporate financial strategies that complement business plans are critical to an organization’s success.
After completing the course you will be able to:
- Understand an organization’s four principal activities: conducting operations, establishing goals and strategies, making investments, and obtaining financing
- Understand the purpose and content of the three principal financial statements that organizations prepare to measure and report on the results of their business transactions: balance sheet statement, cash flow statement, and income statement
- Examine mergers and acquisitions, financial decision-making, debt, and corporate restructuring in a global context
Our curriculum is designed to help you recognize potential threats and opportunities impacting your organizations and use these insights to create and implement successful financial strategies.
You will learn to:
- Develop a strategic short-term plan for your organization and optimize capital management
- Gain knowledge of long-term financing and valuing equities, capital cost, and structure
- Recognize the time-value of money, risk, and reward
- Understand the decision-making process for raising and allocating capital
Remote Course Learning Structure
- Eight weeks in length
- Weekly, self-paced interactive learning modules and assignments are time-sensitive and should be completed by the set deadlines
- Synchronous sessions and live question and answer sessions
- Mentors will provide continuous support and encourage a dynamic and positive learning environment
Meet Your Instructor
Business and Management
Today’s dynamic work environment requires leaders who can consistently innovate, make data-driven decisions, and inspire others to perform. Whether you’re in policy, marketing or management, learn ways to spark change wherever you go.Learn more about Business and Management