At a Glance
- Open Enrollment
- 8 weeks
Consumer data is meaningless without an understanding of human behavior. In eight weeks, you will learn social science theories of cognition, motivation, emotion, personality, social influence, culture, and other aspects of human nature, transforming analytics into a powerful tool of marketing action.
In this course, you will learn and practice applying eight social science theories to real-world marketing problems. In addition to gaining new insights into human behavior, you will learn new, data-driven ways to approach marketing solutions.
Designed for professionals interested in a deepening understanding of consumer behavior grounded in cutting-edge social science theory
In this eight-week course, you will learn and practice applying social science theories to real-world marketing problems. In addition to gaining new insights into human behavior, you will learn new, data-driven ways to approach marketing solutions.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Put the customer at the center of the strategic decision-making process
- Make a case for a customer-centered solution based on data and present it using a persuasive conceptual model
- Recommend a marketing plan based on your in-depth understanding of the consumer
- Devise a framework to gauge the effectiveness of your marketing plan
Are you interested in learning how to leverage deep consumer insight to improve your marketing performance?
Reach out to our admissions team to find out how UChicago’s Consumer Behavior and Marketing Strategy course can help you stay ahead of the competition.Request more information
After Completing the Program You Will Be Able To:
- Define a business goal in terms of what we want the consumer to think, feel, or do
- Frame a desired consumer response within a conceptual model based on social science theory
- Use data to provide insight into consumer behavior and determine the proper course of action
- Establish and present a plan to test the effectiveness of the marketing action you recommend
Online Learning Course Structure
Meet Your Instructor
Career Outlook for Consumer Behavior and Marketing Field
Data and the people that can make sense of it are strategic assets to any organization. There is a rising demand for professionals equipped with the skills to help enterprises optimize their marketing actions through data-driven customer understanding. The employment rate of market research analysts is expected to grow 22 percent from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations.
Potential Job Titles for Consumer Behavior and Marketing Professionals
Chief Marketing Officer
Consumer Insights Manager
Consumer Insights Specialist
Customer Data Specialist
Customer Insights Analyst
Customer Service Specialist
Director of Consumer Insights
Marketing Research Analyst