The Psychology of Finance
Understand the psychological influences of financial decision-making.Enroll
At a Glance
- Professional Education
- Open Enrollment
- 8 weeks Part-time
Master the thinking behind money management and financial trading.
The University of Chicago’s eight-week course on the psychology of finance will help you to gain insight into money management and financial trading.
Designed for business professionals and emerging leaders working in a management position for a financial institution or in general business management.
Understand exactly what impacts supply and demand.
Global stock markets are constantly fluctuating. Our remote learning course will help you understand the psychological influences that drive market changes: the behavior of investors and financial analysts and how it impacts market outcomes.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the psychology behind financial decisions made by business leaders and investors
- Neutralize relevant biases
- Make and encourage better financial decisions
- Explain the consumer choice theory
- Differentiate mental models related to behavioral finance
Our curriculum is designed to teach you the biases that influence decision-making processes and how to apply this knowledge to make unbiased, rational decisions that have lasting impacts across a range of investment scenarios.
You will learn to:
- Describe concepts such as utility, probability weighting, the certainty effect, and survivorship bias, as well as risk, gains, and losses
- Explain the causation/correlation error, the mental error in probability weighting, the consequences of the anchoring bias, over-trading due to overconfidence, the equity premium puzzle, and active vs. passive mutual funds
- Evaluate subjective vs. absolute probabilities and the framing and reversal of preferences
Business and Management
Today’s dynamic work environment requires leaders who can consistently innovate, make data-driven decisions, and inspire others to perform. Whether you’re in policy, marketing or management, learn ways to spark change wherever you go.Learn more about Business and Management