Global Clinical Research: The Process from Start to Finish
Play an active role in developing safe and effective new drugs, therapies, and vaccinesEnroll
At a Glance
- Open Enrollment
- 8 weeks
Gain an overview of the principles and practice of clinical research from a global perspective.
The University of Chicago’s eight-week Global Clinical Research course will provide you with a complete overview of the clinical trial process, from study start-up to trial close-out. Upon completing the course, students will be able to apply their new knowledge and skills to thrive in a highly controlled and regulated work environment.
This course is designed for healthcare, medical, and research professionals interested in starting or advancing their clinical research careers. A background in life science is preferred.
The trial area of the clinical research field is growing rapidly. Clinical trials are an essential part of making advances in diagnosing, treating, and preventing diseases and medical conditions. Demand for professionals equipped with the right clinical trial-related skills is soaring. Learn the processes and global regulatory procedures necessary to bring a drug to market.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Understand key terms and concepts of clinical research
- Describe core ethical principles that ensure that the rights and safety of human subjects are protected
- Understand the core principles and practices of clinical trials from a global perspective
- Define the ethical principles that guide the informed consent document and process
- Determine key factors that trigger a protocol amendment
- Apply new knowledge and skills to thrive in a highly controlled and regulated work environment
Did you know that the demand for experienced clinical trial professionals surpasses the current supply?
Reach out to our admissions team to find out how this course will help boost your career.Learn More
Online Learning Course Structure
- Eight weeks in length
- Weekly, self-paced interactive learning modules and assignments are time-sensitive and should be completed by the set deadlines
- Synchronous sessions and live question and answer sessions
- Mentors will provide continuous support and encourage a dynamic and positive learning environment
- Understand the clinical trial process from study start-up to trial close-out
- Explain the critical historical events that led to the globalized standardization of research conducted worldwide
- Describe core ethical principles of clinical research to ensure that the rights and safety of human subjects are protected
- Define the purpose of a clinical trial and develop standards for data collection and data quality to ensure data integrity in a clinical trial
- Understand the key terms, concepts, and acronyms associated with clinical research so that you can effectively communicate with key stakeholders in the industry
Meet Your Instructor
The global clinical trials market—currently valued at over 44 billion dollars—is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% over the next seven years. In this thriving field, key drivers like the globalization of clinical trials and new, personalized treatments continue to impact market growth, while demand for skilled professionals widens the job market. The need for clinical trials professionals will continue to outpace that for similar roles.
Potential Job Titles for Global Clinical Research Professionals
- Clinical Operations Director
- Clinical Research Associate
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Clinical Research Manager
- Clinical Trial Assistant
- Clinical Trial Associate
- Data Manager
- Drug Safety Associate
- Research Nurse