Marketing Analytics for Leaders
Learn to leverage data to improve marketing efforts and drive them forward to achieve business goalsRegister
At a Glance
- Professional Education
- Open Enrollment
- 8 weeks
The University of Chicago’s eight-week Marketing Analytics for Leaders course will prepare you to take advantage of the possibilities of the use of data to enhance strategies and achieve better results.
The course will give you the skills and tools to review and analyze data and will provide strategic recommendations on positioning, pricing, and target audiences to drive growth.
Designed for marketers, managers, and leaders who wish touse data analytics to improve their organization's marketing strategy. Although previous marketing experience is preferred, this course will benefit anyone interested in advancing their analytical acumen, as well as those who would like to pursue or transition into marketing leadership positions.
Marketing analytics helps collect and strengthen data from across all marketing channels. This information is key to improving marketing efforts and driving them forward to achieve business goals. Understanding data and analytics-related principles, strategies, and tools will help you reach your own learning goals and contribute more effectively to your business.
From the fundamentals of marketing analytics to building a data-driven culture within your organization, this course prepares you to take advantage of the exciting possibilities arising from the use of data to enhance strategies and achieve better results.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Apply your new skills and tools to review and analyze data.
- Leverage data to improve marketing and financial results.
- Present strategic recommendations on positioning, pricing, and target audiences to drive growth.
- Play an active role in creating a data-driven culture for your organization.
Online Learning Course Structure
- Eight weeks in length
- Weekly, self-paced, interactive learning modules and assignments are time-sensitive and should be completed by the set deadlines
- Synchronous sessions and live question and answer sessions
- Mentors will provide continuous support and encourage a dynamic and positive learning environment
- Understand the core principles of data analytics and the connection with marketing strategies
- Leverage data to create strategic competitive advantages
- Apply data-driven strategies to lead marketing and organizational initiatives
- Improve understanding of customers through insights and analysis
- Communicate and act on results through data storytelling
- Find, extract, organize, and describe data to support decision-making
Meet Your Instructors
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that overall employment for advertising, promotions, and marketing managers will grow at the above-average rate of 8.1%, creating 26,000 new jobs over the next eight years. Significant new growth areas include digital marketing, multichannel marketing, and e-commerce—positions that did not exist in the early 2000s.
To succeed, marketing professionals need to immerse themselves in the digital world. Digital spending continues to increase exponentially, and technical and analytical skills have become the key to employability.
Potential Job Titles for Marketing Analytics Professionals
- Account Manager
- Advertising Manager
- Business Analyst
- Business Development Analyst
- Digital Brand Manager
- Digital Marketing Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Marketing Analyst
- Marketing Data Analyst
- Marketing Manager
- Promotions Manager