At a Glance
- 9 months to 3 years
$1,435 per course$8,610 for certificate
The online Clinical Trials Management and Regulatory Compliance certificate program, designed and delivered by experts in clinical research, gives you the skills and knowledge you need to jumpstart your career in the growing clinical trials field.
Become a Better Clinical Researcher
In six core courses built around real-world clinical trials, you will master the procedure cycle and administration of the entire clinical trials process, learn to navigate stakeholder interests, and implement up-to-the-minute regulatory compliance practices and ethical standards. You will finish the program with the ability to initiate clinical research studies, apply monitoring methods, and write exemplary documents and reports.
Designed for early or mid-career professionals who want to work in regulatory compliance, medical writing, site management, or data analysis in the pharmaceutical industry, at a clinical research organization, or with an academic institution.
You Value Your Career, We Value Your Time.
Staying up-to-date on your career skills doesn’t have to take a lot of time. Our Clinical Trials certificate program is competitively priced and takes as little as nine months.Explore Courses
Learn with clinical research experts
Scientists and pharmaceutical industry executives, consultants and project managers, our instructors know every angle of the clinical trials process. In live classes informed by their considerable professional experience, Clinical Trials certificate instructors give feedback, support, and expert insight into the field.
The UChicago edge
Our professional courses take innovative learning approaches that uphold the University of Chicago’s distinct brand of academic excellence while driving career advancement.
- Synchronous class sessions engage students with instructors and peers.
- Content-specific and networking webinars foster extracurricular training and allow students to make valuable professional connections.
- Professional development services include resume review, access to exclusive job listings, and more.
- Program administrators support students throughout the certificate and beyond, from individual advising sessions to alumni services.
The global clinical trials market has been projected to grow to $84.43 billion dollars by 2030. The field is thriving. Key drivers like the globalization of clinical trials and new, personalized treatments continue to impact market growth, while demand for skilled professionals widens the job market: the need for clinical trials professionals will continue to outpace that for similar roles. To learn how our Clinical Trials management certificate can boost your career, please visit our career benefits page for more information.
Triple your medical writing skills
The University of Chicago Professional Education offers certificate programs in Clinical Trials, Medical Writing and Editing, and now Regulatory Writing. Our programs feature a blended learning model comprising of live synchronous sessions, real-world case studies, and writing exercises that work to elevate your medical writing skills. These part-time programs are tailored to develop your skillset so you can apply to your career immediately.
Explore how you can become an expert medical writer in three leading areas:
- Clinical Trials Management and Regulatory Compliance: Learn to use real-world clinical trials to reinforce your foundational knowledge and boost your career in clinical research.
- Medical Writing and Editing: This program will provide the foundation for mastering the fundamentals and best practices of medical writing, editing, and communication.
- Regulatory Writing: Building on the strengths of our Medical Writing and Editing program, Regulatory Writing courses will provide students with high-demand, professionally valuable skills to write submissions to the FDA and other regulatory bodies.
Clinical trials management offers a real spectrum of career paths. Students who complete the certificate have options spanning the pharmaceutical industry, clinical research organizations, and academic institutions, where they can consider careers in medical writing, site management, regulatory, and more.