Project Management: Strategy Essentials
- Courses in the Strategy Essentials of Project Management Certificate are offered online and in-person. Students can also take a mixture of both.
- Online courses range between five and six weeks in length.
- In-person courses are offered in a two-day intensive seminar format.
- Students who wish to complete the certificate entirely online take three core courses and one elective. In addition to weekly synchronous sessions, remote students are expected to read texts and complete assignments between synchronous appointments.
- Students who wish to complete the certificate in person take four core courses and one elective. Two-day intensive seminars are held at the Gleacher Center in downtown Chicago from 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m. on a Thursday and Friday. Students are expected to read texts and complete assignments between classes.
- Students who successfully complete the program are awarded a Certificate in Strategy Essentials of Project Management from the University of Chicago Professional Education to signify their achievement.
The Strategy Essentials of Project Management certificate can be completed by taking three to four core courses plus one elective.
Students take three to four* core courses.
Choose either one online course:
- Essentials of Project Management
OR two in-person courses:
- Making Projects Work
- Idea to Completion
* The first 35 PDU’s of the core requirements can be completed as one online course, Essentials of Project Management, or as two, in-person, two-day seminars, Idea to Completion and Making Projects Work. The same content is covered in the online and in-person courses.
- Managing Project Resources: Budgets, Estimates, and Performance
- Assessment and Recovery of Troubled Projects
Students choose one elective.
- Effective Project Leadership
- Design Thinking for Project Managers
Your Industry Moves Fast. So Do We.
Start Advancing your career today. With flexible online and in-person formats, industry-active instructors, and short course timelines, UChicago's Project Management certificate provides fast-track options for career advancement advancement.