Building and Managing Resilient Teams
Learn to assemble a high-performing team and set it up for success under any conditionsEnroll
At a Glance
- Open Enrollment
- 6 weeks
Acquire the leadership skills you need to steer a team at every stage of its life cycle.
Our six-week Building and Managing Resilient Teams course covers all angles of managing a resilient team, from formation to dissolution or expansion. Participants will learn the success factors for every stage and aspect of team performance and how to help a team achieves its goals even when operating under extreme conditions.
Designed for professionals interested in building a successful career in a rapidly changing environment, as well as for those interested in increasing their leadership and organizational skills focusing on team building and management.
Good leaders not only guide employees but empower them to overcome adversity and rise to new challenges—and today’s organizations face no shortage of new challenges. The current environment of volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity (VUCA) requires flexible organizations and professionals. This course will teach you how to create an adaptable team to solve a range of issues, no matter how novel they may be.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the key qualities of a resilient team and understand team fundamentals
- Outline the steps necessary to assemble, lead, and manage teams under volatile conditions
- Apply strategies to manage, motivate, and effectively resolve conflicts among team members diverse in culture, geography, and skills or operating in different modalities (in-person, virtual, or hybrid)
- Define the signs of and avenues to leading the stages of a team’s evolution: promoting members, growing the team, and disbanding it
Do you want to learn more about managing in-person, virtual, and hybrid teams?
Reach out to our admissions team to find out how this course will help you stay ahead of the curve.Register for Building and Managing Resilient Teams
- Lead team evolution and cultivate resilience
- Organize team structure and membership, as well as building team culture
- Build the framework for performance measurement and management
- Foster effective decision-making
- Be awarded a certificate of completion from the University of Chicago and become part of the UChicago network
Online Course Structure
Meet Your Instructor
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the field of employment for building and developing teams will grow at the above-average rate of 7% over the next decade. This growth reflects recent shifts in corporate culture, enhanced value placed on employee development and training, the recent widespread adoption of hybrid and remote working models, and increasing willingness to adapt to new ways of doing business.
Potential Job Titles
- Account Coordinator
- Account Manager
- Change Manager
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Director of Strategy
- Higher Education Administrator
- Human Resources Director
- Human Resources Manager
- Leadership Development Consultant
- Operations Director
- Operations Manager
- Program Manager
- Strategic Communications Manager
- Training and Development Manager
- Transformative Leader
- Vice President of People
- Virtual Team Leader