Pursue a degree shaped by your interests and expanded by in-depth opportunities across social science disciplines and methods.
Whether your longer-term goals include a PhD or a career in industry, not-for-profit, or government, MAPSS is an investment that prepares you for those next steps. Your courses and thesis project are tailored to your goals, a flexibility made possible because of the strength of the social sciences at UChicago. Mentored by faculty and in the same classes as the Division’s doctoral students, you will be immersed in the experience of research. Further, by working closely with members of the MAPSS academic staff, you will sharpen your academic writing and research skills. Through extensive professional development resources, you will be supported in pursuing careers across a wide variety of industries as well as for doctoral program applications.
Designed for students who wish to continue their studies in a PhD program or conduct social sciences research professionally.
- Anthropology (opens in new tab)
- Conceptual and Historical Studies of Science (opens in new tab)
- Comparative Human Development (opens in new tab)
- Economics (opens in new tab)
- History (opens in new tab)
- Political Science (opens in new tab)
- Psychology (opens in new tab)
- Social Thought (opens in new tab)
- Sociology (opens in new tab)
- Quantitative Methods & Social Analysis (opens in new tab)
Offered by the University of Chicago’s (opens in new tab) Division of the Social Sciences and (opens in new tab) School of Social Service Administration.
Request for Information
In-person Mixed (Full-time and Part-time)
In-person Open Enrollment