Gain an advantage in the rapidly evolving financial industry by learning the fundamentals of fintech.
Over an eight-week period, our Fintech course will focus on applying fintech fundamentals to different areas like risk modeling and blockchain. You will discover the impact of fintech from multiple perspectives—investor, corporate, and consumer—and learn about the regulations governing it.
Designed for financial analysts and other professionals who would like to learn more about the fundamentals of fintech and how it is shaping the finance industry.
Fintech is a highly practical course that will increase your knowledge in modern finance through real-world examples. You will learn about the challenges inherent in fintech, the opportunities it presents, and the regulations that govern it, providing new ways to conduct your business while supporting your customers.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the digital transformation of the financial services sector
- Comprehend fintech technologies and their disruptive power
- Increase your employability in a rapidly expanding field
- Implement real-world fintech innovations in your working environment
- Understand fintech fundamentals and their application
- Identify quantitative and qualitative approaches to fundamental finance
- Explore how and why fintech can help customers from a global and technical standpoint
- Examine security measures required to ensure fintech innovations keep customers and financial institutions safe
- Eight weeks in length
- Weekly, self-paced, interactive learning modules and assignments are time-sensitive and should be completed by the set deadlines
- Synchronous sessions and live question and answer sessions
- Mentors will provide continuous support and encourage a dynamic and positive learning environment
Weekly course schedule
Learn about fintech applications and best practices.
Learn about risk modeling, financial ratios, times series, and other types of financial analysis.
Learn about the role of banking, technological change and financial innovation, market microstructure, profitability, net interest margin, sensitivity to interest volatility, risk and supervision, and core activities such as transformation, intermediation, and payment
Explore the risks of digital investment, big data and key technologies, fintech's impact on the banking sector, and the decentralization of financial institutions.
Examine topics such as the differences between peer-to-peer and traditional funding, the risks and benefits of using peer-to-peer funding, investors/borrowers, and raising capital.
Learn how fintech is changing the customer experience and gain insight into big data and key technologies; crowdfunding, platforms, and usage; and the risks involved in venture capitals.
Become familiar with the scope of fintech regulations and examine the most relevant. Consider the implications of financial crises and economic policy, as well as data privacy concerns and cybersecurity.
Explore the current state of regulations in fintech, the effect of AI and ML on regulation in fintech, IoT, fintech giants, and the future landscape.
Meet your instructor
Our course instructor has extensive experience in computer science, technology, and software engineering and development, as well as many years of experience in the world of finance.
Financial technology, used to improve and automate the delivery and use of financial services, has grown explosively since the advent of the smartphone. By incorporating new technologies into their services, companies can cut down on operational costs and gain a competitive edge. Consumers have come to expect these reduced costs, reflected in fintech’s global consumer adoption rate of 64%. As banks and firms try to keep up with and invest in technology-based solutions, the global fintech market grows apace, with projected revenues of more than 188 billion euros by 2024.
Potential job titles in Fintech
- App Developer
- Blockchain Developer
- Compliance Expert
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Financial or Business Analyst
- Product Manager
- Quantitative Analyst