How to Apply
|Summer 2021||May. 15, 2021
|Autumn 2021 (international)||Jun. 01, 2021
|Autumn 2021||Sep. 07, 2021
Step One: Apply Online
The following materials are required to complete the online application:
- Statement of purpose
- Current resume
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended
- Official documentation of BA/BS or equivalent if not included on transcripts
- TOEFL/IELTS scores if appropriate
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Admissions decisions are rolling. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Late applications will be reviewed for admission to the following quarter. Late applicants are advised to contact GSAL admissions staff or schedule an appointment.
Ready to join the University of Chicago community as a Graduate Student-at Large?
Apply now to enroll in graduate and undergraduate courses, get academic and professional advising support, and take advantage of our extensive student resources.Start Here
Step Two: Interview
The GSAL Associate Director and team will carefully review your application and, should you meet the general application standards, will invite you for either a telephone or in-person interview. The interview is a time for you to share your main objectives and goals for participating in the GSAL or RS programs and an opportunity for the interviewer to help contextualize your academic performance thus far, and make collaborative plans for your academic future.
Applicants will be informed of the admissions decision by the end of the interview.
Step Three: Submit Transcripts
Once you are admitted, you must submit official transcripts to:
The University of Chicago Professional Education
455 North Cityfront Plaza Drive
Chicago, IL 60611
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Transcripts must be submitted by the end of the first week of matriculating as a GSAL or RS student. Failure to do so may result in the inability to register for courses and disciplinary action.