For Veterans

Recognized for our strong benefits for veterans and active-duty service members, the University of Chicago is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Educational Enhancement Program, a joint effort with the VA that supplements GI Bill funds for students enrolled in private universities.

Members of the military holding flags in a procession outside.

Your Benefits

In partnership with the US Department of Veterans Affairs, the University of Chicago Professional Education accepts unlimited tuition contributions to veterans enrolled in the Master of Science in Biomedical Informatics and Master of Science in Threat and Response Management programs. In addition to tuition benefits, we offer:

people in military uniforms sitting in a classroom

How Do I Apply for Yellow Ribbon Benefits?

To participate in the Yellow Ribbon program, you need to qualify for VA benefits and be admitted to and enrolled in the academic program for which you will use them. You must apply for Yellow Ribbon benefits the spring before your academic program begins.

Steps to apply:

clipboard-plan icon

Autumn: Apply and be admitted to your Master’s program.

arrow-upload icon

Spring: Submit your Yellow Ribbon Application Form, Certificate of Eligibility, Veterans Certification Request Form, and DD form 214 to the University Registrar.

Note pad and pen sitting on laptop

Let us support you through the process.

Connect with us through email or by phone at 773.702.0595.

Connect today