Step One: Apply Online
The following are required to complete an online application:
- Statement of purpose
- Current resume
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended
- Official documentation of BA/BS or equivalent if not included on transcripts
- TOEFL/IELTS scores if appropriate
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Admissions decisions are rolling and applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Late applications will be reviewed for admission to the following quarter. Late applicants are advised to email GSAL admissions staff at email@example.com.
*We will begin accepting applications in November for the 2022 academic year.
Ready to Join the UChicago Community as a Graduate Student-at-Large?
Apply now to enroll in graduate and undergraduate courses, get academic and professional advising support, and take advantage of our extensive student resources.Start Here
Step Two: Interview
The GSAL associate director and team members will carefully review your application and, should you meet the general application standards, will invite you for a telephone interview. The interview is a time for you to share your main objectives and goals for participating in the GSALB or RS GSALB programs and an opportunity for the interviewer to help contextualize your academic performance thus far and make collaborative plans for your academic future. Applicants will be informed of the admissions decision by the end of the interview.
Step Three: Submit Transcripts
Once you are admitted, you must submit official transcripts to:
The University of Chicago Professional Education
Attention: GSAL Business
455 North Cityfront Plaza Drive
Chicago, IL 60611
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transcripts must be submitted by the end of the first week of matriculating as a GSALB or RS GSALB student. Failure to do so may result in the inability to register for courses and disciplinary action.
Meet Your Admissions Advisor
Ready to Join the University of Chicago Community as a Graduate Student-at Large?
Apply now to enroll in credit-bearing courses and explore the Chicago Booth School of Business before making a full commitment.I'm Ready